Sunday 21 February 2021

Iron Warriors Tactical Support Squad: Final Four Models

Well I have finally completed the last four Legiones Astartes troopers for my Horus Heresy Iron Warriors Tactical Support Squad.
That’s another four potent plasma guns that will be utilised for both immolating enemy heavy infantry and reducing enemy armoured columns to bubbling slag.

I have really enjoyed painting up these fellas over the past few weeks and I think that the recipe I use for their metallic power armour suits these heavy suits of Mark III battle-plate; especially when offset by the orange/red of their bases.


Next up I think I’ll be doing some more work on my Primaris Flesh Tearers for my regular 40K army... in fact I’ll probably focus on completing some more stealth troops in Phobos Armour.

6 comments:

  1. Excellent brushwork! The armour looks like solid steel and the blue and red of their weapons and eyes work brilliantly as contrast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate! Greatly appreciated... I’m really happy with how they came out!

      Delete
  2. Do you have any updates coming for Outremer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment sadly not!

      I am really busy with my day job in the Emergency Services and my second job in the Military. Also I am writing a new book for Osprey in a different setting!

      However it is definitely something I want to come back to and revisit!!

      Delete
  3. Sorry to mix the blog streams -- like Paul, I wanted to ask you an Outremer-related question to do with a project the History and Games Lab is currently working on. If you get a moment, we'd love to chat to you about it -- you can find us on facebook at Gaming the Crusades, or just email me directly: gonzohistory at gmail. Sorry to bother you and hope you're doing well amidst ... (waves vaguely) ... all this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello mate!! Long time no speak!! I’d love to help you out!! I will drop you an email!

      Delete