Wednesday 10 July 2013

Greetings Astartes

Greetings one and all!

I am starting this blog for a number of reasons!

Firstly I have only recently started reading blogs (I'm something of a technophobe if truth be told) and have been inspired by the well written and interesting articles that I have thus far encountered and feel that I would like to become part of this exciting new medium.

Secondly I am a 40k player of old, having played all of it's incarnations since those heady days of Rogue Trader all the way through to the current sixth edition.  Over this time I have amassed a sizable collection of models, including a full Battle Company and a half of Crimson Fists Space Marines (we've been recruiting heavily since the Rynn's World incident). I love my hobby and am looking forward to finding a new way to interact with my fellow enthusiasts.

Finally I have recently been by the nascent Old Hammer scene to get back into retro gaming with some old school rulesets.  Actually Old Hammer has really more provided me with the means to scratch an itch that I've been feeling for a while! I have been dabbling in RT and 2nd Ed 40k for a few years (when I can find a willing opponent) but it was when I was in the middle of a ridiculously sized battle of 6th Ed the other day that I realised under the new rules I was driven into a mindset where I needed to win at all costs as opposed to have fun or experience a cool narrative....I took a step back and decided that this was not why I played games and so I decided to take a step back in time to the Glory Days of the 80's and 90's!

So I will hope you will join me in my exploration of all things retro in the Dark Millenium!!

No comments:

Post a Comment