Sunday 8 August 2021

Rogue Trader Blood Angels… a new project!!

So after spending a few years of focusing on some more modern models I have returned to the original premise of this blog… Classic Astartes!

In light of this I have made up a couple of squads of late Rogue Trader (1990/92) Space Marines in Mk VII Aquila pattern power armour.



I must admit that I really have a soft spot for these old models as they were the first miniatures that I bought and painted back when I initially got into the hobby! I literally can’t believe that was over thirty years ago.



I spent ages flicking through numerous old publications deciding what Chapter to paint these guys; eventually settling on the Blood Angels as they were my first force… plus I really like painting red!



I have decided to go with a painting style that is as similar to that used by the ‘Eavy Metal team in the late 1980s/early 1990s as possible! I want these guys to look like the gorgeously painted models I used to stare at in White Dwarf as a kid!



These models are an absolute joy to paint and for me it was like traveling back in time as I got started on painting them! I am really looking forward to seeing what they look like when they are finished!



A real trip down memory lane for me was painting up these original bolters and the squad’s heavy weapon. These old guns are just so cool!!

Now I’ve caught the bug I think I’m going to end up doing a full force of these ferocious space marines.

No comments:

Post a Comment