Monday 2 March 2020

Another Flesh Tearers Smash Captain

I enjoyed making my Flesh Tearers Smash Captain so much last week that I decided to make another one!! That’s right... I have made a second smash captain!!
Once again I decided to arm him with a mighty Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield in order to deliver excessive damage on all his targets and then be able to weather the inevitable retaliatory strikes. 

In a bid to keep this might warrior consistent with the rest of my force I have utilised a variety of components from multiple Space Marine kits in order to represent archaic Adeptus Astartes Battle Plate.

I gave him a set of MKVI legs from the Vanguard Veteran kit, an ornate MKIV chest plate from a Blood Angels kit and a MKIV Sergeant’s helmet from the Maximus Armour Tactical Squad. He was finished off with a Death Company jump pack to get him into melee as rapidly as possible.

Once again I massively enjoyed assembling and painting this chap! I’m really looking forward to partnering him up with my Captain from last week and despatching them as a whirlwind of destruction across the battlefield!! Enemies of the Emperor beware!



5 comments:

  1. Awesome! I need one of these to add to my new Black Templars force :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I think I like this one even more than the other -and that's something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the scheme and the gold shoulder pad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you get such a deep rich red for the power armour? Could you share your recipe? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete