Monday 21 April 2014

Epic Expansion!!

It seems mine and Thantsants passion for Epic has spread and caused a lot of movement in the 6mm scene. As such our plans for a second edition Epic (Space Marine) battle at this years 'Bring Out Your Lead Oldhammer Weekend' (9/10 August) have grown substantially with numerous other players now assembling forces... including Chico over at Oldhammer on a budget (http://oldhammeronabudget.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/chico-gos-epic.html?showComment=1398038414448)

He's force plans are...well...Epic! He's looking at fielding one of each type of ork clan, supported by extra detachments and Gargants.... Gulp!

I guess I had better get of my ass and try to keep ahead in this escalating arms race, so in light of this I've spent some snatched time over the last few weeks finishing off two more detachments for my Dark Angels...


With all this talk of Gargants I decided a bit more armoured firepower was needed to protect my precious infantry and so the Master of the Forge has kindly released a squadron of predators and a battery of whirlwinds to support my sons of Caliban.

This should give me a bit of oomph when tackling heavy armour!

So what next? Hmmmmmm I know; how about some Titans.....


Two Titans are better than one...so six should be unstoppable. Here we have three 1988 Warlords from the Adeptus Titanicus boxed game, a 1989 Reaver and 2 1989 Warhounds. I've been accumulating these precious artefacts for a few years and this impending clash in August has given me a real impetus to get started on them; so they have been cleaned, prepped assembled and based.... I'll let you know how they go!!

Legio

11 comments:

  1. Balls, damn Easter Weekend! Postman hurry up and bring me my toys that I've got coming from all over the known world. So far in this arms race I've collected a few 2p to use as bases and that's about it heh.As always your DA's look great :) 6 titans? ugh scary!! Now where did I leave my keys to the Mega Gargant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know; I'm waiting on the postman to bring me some more treats too....bloody eBay!! Not as scary as the prospect if having to paint them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to painting 6mm, has to be 15-20 years since I last owned Epic let alone painted it hehe. Not looking forward to paintingover 100 boys/nob stands though lol least its not all one Clan I'd might cry hehe

      Delete
  3. Can't find words to say how cool is this. Wanna see more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Suber! I'm looking forward to making some progress on this beautiful models!!

      Delete
  4. I'm not going to lie.... Those first few stands are hard as you're final goal seems such a long way off and there are millions of the unpainted little bastards.... But once you get into the swing of it then the pace picks up and it becomes enjoyable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. More dark angels, more, more, more I say!
    I'll have to post a pic up of what I've amassed sooner or later you'll need to advise what to collect next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For now I'm going to have to focus on the Dark Angels a titan allies; but I'm sure I'll return to the sons of the lion in the near future!! Definitely put some pics up soon mate; I'd love to see what you've amassed! I'll offer what advice I can; if in doubt you can't go wrong with terminators!!

      Delete
    2. Or from what I've read Lotza Landraiders :)

      Delete
  6. Yeah; land raiders are fairly potent in mass numbers; they can strip good shields from titans in fairly short order and kill everything else with a couple of rounds good shooting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *void shields....stupid auto correct!

    ReplyDelete