Saturday 28 September 2019

Final Five Iron Warriors for my First 30k Tactical Squad

Following the last few weeks’ output I have pushed on with the final five models for my first Horus Heresy era Iron Warriors Tactical Squad.


I have really found that painting individual models or smaller batches like this helps to keep me motivated and prevents me losing interest ... which is a real risk for a hobby butterfly such as myself.


These Iron Warriors have been a joy to paint as I really like the cold industrial aesthetic of their metal armour accented by the yellow and black striping.


I am really pleased that I have put the effort into making this a full twenty man squad (which to be fair I can split into two smaller squads when required). The ‘Fury of the Legions’ special rule in 30k makes this massed Bolter fire quite an effective anti-infantry tool!



For 40k purposes I might consider proxy’ing these models for loyalist ‘Silver Skulls’ due to the similarity in heraldry and iconography between the two forces.

I’m not sure what to do next for this nascent Force, maybe some more tactical marines or even a tactical support squad with plasma guns or flamers. We shall see....

If any Horus Heresy gamers are reading this then I’d welcome tips on what units you recommend doing next!!

4 comments:

  1. What a work. I love what you did with all these, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate! I’m really enjoying these guys! I’m looking forward to doing an Iron Warriors vehicle at some point.

      Delete
  2. These look great! Well done.
    In terms of where to go next, well, getting a good base of Tactical Marines works in almost any Legion, but how about a Contemptor Dreadnought? Useful for smashing common sense into recalcitrant Legions...

    ReplyDelete