This week I decided to make my first Iron Warriors Tactical Squad for 30k into a larger 20 man/model variant in order to maximise the sheer destructive potential of so many boltguns firing in unison.
I used the same colours, techniques and basing methodology as on the previous batches in order to maintain a general sense of consistency throughout the Force.
Again the hazard stripes took a while to complete but they were well worth it in the end, nicely breaking up the monotone grey and black that is prevalent elsewhere on these fighters.
I included a vox operator in the squad as the model looks fairly cool and also has some ‘in game’ benefits.
As the original resin aerial had an air of fragility about it I removed it with my model clippers and then replaced it with a simple sewing pin!!
Next up I’ll finish off the final five men to bring the squad to maximum strength!
They look greatReplyDelete
Well, you totally master these colours by now :)ReplyDelete
Cheers Suber! I’ll be interested to see how they look on a bigger model such as a land raider or a flyer!Delete
Fantastic brushwork, Sir!ReplyDelete
Thank you kindly! They were a joy to paint!Delete