Sunday 19 May 2019

Oldhammer Culexus Assassin (1997 Original)


So regular readers of this blog will know that a few weeks ago I painted up one of the new plastic Culexus Assassins from the Execution Force boxset. 

That particular model was great fun to paint but as my heart and passion lies in ‘Oldhammer’ I sourced myself one of the original 1997 metal assassins to go alongside it.

I used the same palette on the older metal model as I did for the newer plastic one.

I have to say that I’m really happy with how the modern paints and techniques have worked on this beautiful old figure.

I went for a nice cool blue tone on the black synskin armour and a contrasting warmer grey/black for the cables and equipment. I like to have a bit of contrast like this to differentiate materials.

I personally feel that this model came out really well and I absolutely loved painting him.

I’m looking forward to getting this monster on the tabletop and seeing how his insidious Pariah talents work out against my friends army of Grey Knights (who are all Psykers).

My next project will be to do a couple of Eversors to round out my growing Assassin collection.

8 comments:

  1. Nice work on this classic. I always liked the lore and models for the Culexus Temple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers mate! Yeah me too.... there’s something just so sinister and creepy about these guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Top work dude. The old assassins are pure classics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers dude! Yeah I completely agree! I remember how cool they looked when they were first released way back when!!!

      Delete
  4. Nicely done. Looking forward to seeing more Assasins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber!! I need to get those Eversors done ASAP!!!!

      Delete