Saturday 20 April 2019

Culexus Assassin - Officio Assassinorium

So I’ve been working on something a little bit different this week... in order to have a break from Battle Sisters and Necrons I’ve decided to make a change and as such I’ve been working on an Imperial Assassin for 40k.

This fella is a Psyker-Hunting Culexus Assassin and is one of the modern sculpts that came with the boxed game ‘Execution Force’ that I got a few years back.

I painted him to emulate the box art and as such he is predominantly clad in a fairly cool black tone to match the Vindicare and Callidus Assassins that I painted back in 2017.


I must admit that I really like this model; it is a clean, crisp sculpt that faithfully captures both the feel and look of the old original metal model from 1997.

I greatly look forward to seeing how he does against some Psykers on the battlefield in the near future!

As an aside I have also just found a copy of the original metal model in my bitz box... so I might paint him up for comparison and nostalgia purposes!!

4 comments:

  1. He's looking good. I'm not sure I remember the older figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. The older model is very similar to be fair, though significantly smaller due to twenty years of scale creep!

      Delete
  2. Lovely neat result. Please paint the other one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber!! I have already started work on him have no fear!!

      Delete