Friday 20 April 2018

Crimson Fists Primaris Space Marine Lieutenant 2

This week I have finally managed to finish off the second Primaris Lieutenant from the Dark Imperium box set. This time I have been working on the more ‘shooty’ Lieutenant who is armed with an auto-bolt rifle and a bolt pistol.



I foresee using this chap in a fairly defensive roll within my force; most likely hanging back with the Intercessors and Hellblasters to hold objectives whilst using his command ability to allow the nearby squads to reroll ‘hit rolls’ of 1.


The model itself was a real joy to paint; and like all of the Primaris Marines that I have worked on so far this character almost painted himself.



Now that I’ve completed the three officers from the starter set I might work on some more line troopers next in order to bolster the force’s overall numbers. 

My mate and I are hoping to run another game in the next few weeks so I want to try and churn out as many new Primaris Marines as possible before then!

12 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks great! I applaud your crisp and sharp line work, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why (since it's such a small part overall) but I love the screen in his wrist band. Looks amazing. And the rest of him is pretty good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Andrew! I know what you mean, I really like that little screen! A layer of gloss varnish at the end really makes it stand out!

      Delete
  3. Man, I love your work on this one. The paintjob is spectacular, exactly what the mini was asking for. Congrats, mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber! I’m glad you like it! These Primaris Marines are so nice to paint they’ve got me being more productive than I have been for years!

      Delete
  4. Looks great!
    What have you done with his hair? Originally it looks like short haircut. Have you done it only with paint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. Yes it’s only paint, just very fine lines of grey, highlighted twice.

      Delete
    2. Awesome! Will try to do the same!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete