Saturday 17 February 2018

Fallout [Modiphius] Brotherhood of Steel Knight

Last week the kind chaps over at Modiphius sent me some pre-release models from their up-and-coming game, Fallout: Wasteland Warfare to have a look at and paint up.

I was like an excited school child as I opened the small cardboard box and eagerly took out the six miniatures that they had sent me. These were three Brotherhood of Steel troops and three huge Super Mutants!




The first thing that I noticed about these models is the quality of the resin; the details are crisp (and I mean exquisitely so) and there is minimal nasty flash or mould lines. Next up was the attention to detail and the sheer faithfulness to the source material; it is like these guys have literally just walked off my computer screen from the Commnwealth Wasteland of Fallout 4.



Each model is 3-4 pieces (including a beautiful sculpted base) and assembles easily with minimal prep and a dab of superglue.

I decided to paint one model at a time so that I could lavish them with the attention they deserved; as such I chose the Brotherhood of Steel Knight in combat armour for my first model.



I got up a screen shot of this miniature’s virtual counterpart from the computer game so that I could stay as faithful to the setting as possible and then set to work.


This model was a joy to paint.  In fact one night I got so wrapped up in the pleasure of painting him when I returned home from work that I completely lost track of time and ended up finishing my session at midnight!


I used my usual mix of Citadel; Foundry and Army Painter paints on this miniature and I think they delivered suitably impressive results. I like to mix paint ranges as I believe each one covers gaps in the others.



As you can see the level of detail on this model is amazing; and easily comparable to ranges such as Citadel and the like. Very impressed.



Scalewise the models are at the upper end of the 28mm heroic range, but not so big that they would look out of scale with any proxies that you may already have. I have shown this model next to a Hasselfree soldier that I painted up as a proxy for the same character a couple of years back for comparison purposes.

I am really excited about this project now and I will certainly be pre-ordering some more models and the boxed game!

Next I will work on the other Brotherhood Models Modiphius sent me...

6 comments:

  1. Wow. I'm not into Fallout, but I can recognize a great work when I see it. Wonderful paintjob!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. Like I say it was a real pleasure to paint it and I’m grateful to the Modiphius team for sending it over!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Cheers mate. Looking forward to starting on the next one.

      Delete