Sunday 5 January 2020

Flesh Tearer’s Primaris Captain... First model of 2020

So my goal (and indeed my main New Year’s Resolution) for 2020 is to proactively work through finishing off my existing pile of unpainted grey plastic. 
I have loads of models that I have acquired over the last few decades as part of assorted projects that are now stacked up in the corner of my painting room waiting for some sort of loving attention.


Therefore instead of buying any new miniatures this year I am determined to get some of these existing models ready for action on the table top.

In all honesty I am not massively interested in creating unbeatable forces or game winning death-combos this year....just getting some cool looking models painted up to a good standard and deployed onto the battlefield.

Therefore this week’s model is the monopose Primaris Captain from the Shadowspear boxset that has been lingering on my paint station since March 2019.



I particularly like this model as I think it has a really cool pose that vaguely reminds me of an 1980s action hero.

I painted this particular model for my Flesh Tearers as I thought the subdued colour scheme would suit it nicely. 

I decided to cut off the superfluous servo-skull and also gave him a head swap in order to better reflect a noble son of Sanguinius.

Overall I am really pleased with how this guy has turned out and I’ll probably do a few more Flesh Tearers in the next couple of months as I really like the chapter’s background and sheer ferocity!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a professional paintjob, incredibly well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate! I am really happy with how he turned out!

      Delete
  2. I like the head swap. Cool work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber! I think it makes him a little more like a Blood Angels descendant.

      Delete