Thursday 12 January 2017

Slingers... Will sling stones for food!!

Well I've managed to churn out a further two models this week which is pretty good going for the start of 2017. 

These two fellas are another pair of peasants who could soon find themselves eking out an existence on a backwater planet in the 41st Millenium; exploring the abandoned streets of Frostgrave or on a pilgrimage to the Holy Land in the 12th Century AD.


These chaps are armed with some fairly primitive slings that provide some very rudimentary ranged firepower for their Warband. 

I'm happy with how these guys have turned out utilising my standard mix of Citadel and Foundry paints. These models haven't been varnished yet, and I am reticent to do so as I know it will obscure some of my many layers of blending... particularly on the flesh. This has happened with my previous few models, and it is really frustration to see one's hard work tarnished!

Oh well.... Back to the paint station for my next models!

2 comments:

  1. I really like these red and green Normas you've been doing. Suitably evoquative and characterful whilst still being usefully generic.

    Are they anything to do with the future ruleset you mentioned on Lead Adventure? I'm being very nosy but I was more intrigued by these guys than the brief outline you gave there. Are you looking at warband/gang level skirmish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loop!

      Cheers mate; I've really enjoyed painting them.... it's very different to my usual painting material. Well spotted mate; the red and green troops are two warbands for the playtesting for my skirmish level game as mentioned on LAF. Stay tuned for an update in the not too distant future!!

      Delete